User of the week!

One of the more exciting things we get from this new platform (for me, as a community builder) is the ability to recognise the work our community does in supporting each other - IRC/Matrix, mailing lists, and so on make it very hard to showcase the valuable work that goes on in that kinda of space.

So, with the launch of the forum, we’re also going to recognise a “user of the week”. This follows the following rules:

• It uses the “points” system generated by the forum for various activities, from writing, interacting, giving solutions, and so on. Scores are weighted (solutions are worth a lot).
  • We only consider activity in the last week (in future we might look at other time periods)
  • You can only earn the badge once per year (well done, now let some other people have a shot :stuck_out_tongue:)

We’ll add a reply here each week, so track the topic if you want to see who it is! And here’s a table too :slight_smile:

Week Winner
2023-09-15T00:00:00Z @sean_sullivan
2023-09-22T00:00:00Z @jbericat
2023-09-30T00:00:00Z @ptn
2023-10-06T00:00:00Z @jlmitch5
2023-10-13T00:00:00Z @tannerjc
2023-10-20T00:00:00Z @utoddl
2023-10-27T00:00:00Z @gotmax23
2023-11-03T00:00:00Z @felixfontein
5 Likes

For the week of 9th-15th September it’s … @sean_sullivan!

Thanks for your efforts in this first critical week, Sean. We’ve a long journey ahead, but this week has been amazing, and you’ve been a big part of that.

5 Likes

Wow, thanks, I’d like to thank all the mods and all the work you guys have done to get this up and running. I also got motivated when @IPvSean declared us Mortal Enemies in the running :P. Good luck to him next week!

7 Likes

7 Likes

For the week of 16th-22th September it’s … @jbericat!

Huge thanks for all the work you’ve been doing in Get Help and also reporting issues with the forum itself - well deserved!

7 Likes

Oh wow, that’s amazing! I’ve literally been jumping and dancing around my office for the last ten minutes hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Being chosen as the user of the week on this wonderful forum is truly one of the greatest honors for me - and I genuinely mean that. I’ll make an effort to keep contributing here as much as possible, as I strongly believe that helping others is the best way to hone your own skills and forge new friendships.

See you around, everyone! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Congratulations!, Welcome to the Club!, it’s well deserved!

2 Likes

Thank you @sean_sullivan ! It’s also a great honor to be along you in the list :blush:

2 Likes

OK, I was off on Friday and this isn’t automated yet … but we have historical data :tada:

So, to catch up - for the week of 23rd - 29th, it’s … @ptn!

Thanks for all your work supporting the community, @ptn - you’re already a name I can rely on when seeing what has answers :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks; it’s highly appreciated ! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats @ptn , well deserved indeed :wink:

5 Likes

It’s that time again! This week, I’m beyond delighted that our User of the Week is … @jlmitch5! :cupcake:

This week has been busy for our Galaxy Developers - shipping a new thing is always stressful. So big thanks to @jlmitch5 for keeping us updated and responding to our users - and honourable mentions to @tannerjc, @rochacbruno, @drodowic, @himdel, @jerabekjiri, and @jonnyfiveiq too! Sadly I can only pick out one winner (well, this week anyway, see you next week? :stuck_out_tongue:).

Galaxy has (unsurprisingly) been our top-trending topic in both Search and Referrals this week, so kudos for doing your best to keep on top of it. There’s still plenty of open topics, of course, but I’m sure the team will get to them as soon as they can. I’d also like to thank all the reporters for keeping things civil and being patient, and helping each other out - it makes this process so much more bearable when we don’t also have to deal with bad behaviour :heart: :pray:

If you’re still affected you may want to check if your issue is listed on the public backlog, and keep the reports coming. I’m hoping we can pin an FAQ to the top of Get Help sometime soon, which should help too.

Thanks again @jlmitch5! Have a badge, on me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

congrats @jlmitch5 , NICE!

4 Likes

Another week, another look at the charts. This week, surprising absolutely no one, it’s @tannerjc!

Big thanks for the work you and the team are doing on Galaxy, and for keeping us informed of what’s in flight :heart: :pray:

7 Likes

I actually met @tannerjc in real life once, super awesome guy :muscle:

6 Likes

Gah, I forgot to post this on Friday! Fortunately the universe appears to have survived this constraint-error :slight_smile:

So then, for the week of October 14th - 20th, our winner is: @utoddl

Really glad to have you here Todd! Your support to other users and feedback in technical spaces is invaluable :tada:

(Commiserations to @IPvSean who has come second for about the 5th week in a row :stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes

Awww, thanks! I’m humbled. But I’m sending the link to my mother anyway. :slight_smile:

5 Likes