Introduce yourself!

Hi all,

I’m Andrea from Milan, Italy

I’ve been using Ansible for labs and now i’m starting to use it in dev environments, and i’m loving it.

7 Likes

Dustin, aka Dustin. Been doing network administration since 2006. Wanted to be a programmer, but the closest college didn’t have enough enrollment for programmers. So, I decided to be a networker.

After 18 years in my career, I now spend my time making code and networking work together to help with standard deployments, auditing, and lifecycle management of the infrastructure we all depend on to move our packets.

9 Likes

Hello all,

I’m Mohamed from Brussels, Belgium

It’s been at least 7 years that i am using ansible for various (every)things, like compliancy checks, disasters recovery management, everything to ease the life of my team :slight_smile:

During these years saw the evolution of Ansible, from “full battery” to collection mode. And AWX from PyEnvs to Container/EE based setup.

It’s finally good to share how good and frustrating ansible can be ^^ .

9 Likes

Hello!

I’m Searge from Northwest Ukraine :ukraine:
As DevOps, I’m using Ansible for various project as provisioning system & for deployment.

9 Likes

Hello community!!!

I’m Jagan, a DevOps engineer trainee. I love to contribute to open-source projects, and this is my first project to do so. My interests are in networking and security.

Outside of work, I enjoy photography, driving, and gaming. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hi folks, Paul here (aka “brabster” in most digital places)

I’m a consultant and I’ve been using Ansible with Linux for the past few years to wipe and rebuild my laptops every six months/new client! It’s been a learning experience but I’m pretty happy with what I have and finally got round to writing up and doing a walkthrough video - wipe to ready in 6 interactive minutes (20 on the clock) - a couple of weeks ago here.

I ended up signing up here primarily to learn more about how the maintainers handle security in Ansible core, so I can give clients more confidence in how I set up!

Have a great one!

7 Likes

Hey everyone. I’m Jerry. I work for a SaaS company and have recently gotten into Ansible for automation/configuration…specifically on the Windows side.

My main reason for joining is that I’m stuck on an issue and it’s driving me crazy! I’ll post it in the Get Help section a bit later. I look forward to learning from you guys and maybe sharing things here and there that others may find useful.

7 Likes

Hello everyone! Caleb here, been a bit of a lurker in the broader Ansible community until the last year or so.

I’ve been in the IT field for about 8 years now. Found my love for automation quite early with PowerShell, and transitioned more into Ansible about 4 years ago. Now I’m a Linux Systems Engineertm (read: SysAdmin), and the technical expert on my team when it comes to Ansible. Now that my position affords me the time, I’m trying to contribute back to the community where I can.

6 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

I recently started exploring Ansible with the primary intention of managing container-based operating systems.

I haven’t been able to find many resources related to OSTree-based systems, so here I am looking to gather facts, get advice, and ideally write modules, which will also be a great way for me to learn Python.

7 Likes

Hello!

I’m Kushal, a pre-final electronics and communications engineering student in India, just starting out with open source. Mainly work in golang and python for back-end and pursue machine learning as well.

Happy to get into such a fostering community and excited to learn a lot!

6 Likes

Hello team !

My name is Abdellatif from Belgium.
I work in public sector as a Linux sysadmin.
We are in the process of setting up Ansible (AAP) to migrate from Saltstack.

Thanks

7 Likes

Hi, my name is Aamina. I did web development but now in cyber secuirty looking for work. I am interested in automation and devsecops. I’ve heard about this community but didn’t know where to begin. I would love pointers on how to start contributing. I have MySql, php, python, javascript, java experience.

5 Likes

Hi all, i’m Marianna, i’m interested in automation and i use Ansible from 2021, i’m a system admin of Linux Virtual Machines and a devops of Openshift Platform.
I installed Ansible-core on a VM with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, and use it from cli.
Also last year i installed AWX ansible 17.1.0 on docker on the same VM, and use it to manage and patch other VM’s successfully.

Now I’m studing how to use Ansible AWX to manage Openshift objects with k8s modules.

I think i’ll enjoy on this forum.
By all.

6 Likes

yes thanks i would like to know it

Would like to know what path you suggest for docker and kubernetes to begin with?

Hello everyone,
My name is Francisco and I am a System Administrator based in the city of Santiago, Chile. For several years, I have been immersed in IT, managing and overseeing system infrastructures.
Recently, my interest has been focused on process automation. I am constantly looking for ways to implement automation in my work to improve existing processes and systems.
As a Chilean, I am proud to contribute to the technological growth of my country and I look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge with all of you in this forum.
Thank you for your attention and I look forward to a fruitful discussion!

7 Likes

Hello, my name is Greg. I’m a DevOps engineer, and I’ve been using Ansible for about 3 years to automate deployments of our extremely legacy platform in a mixed Windows/Linux environment at our Datacenters and On-premise sites.

I love photography, and mostly do nature. Specifically birds…

9 Likes

I am Ezehtech and I have been using Ansible since 2020. Hopefully, I’ll get all my questions answered here.

I am a network engineer with a focus on network automation and security. Glad to be here!

8 Likes

That is a superb photo of a heron - something of a totem animal for me, love it :wink:

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Ray. I work as a DevOps Engineer for Deutsche Welle and started switching all Linux deployments to Ansible in 2017. In the meantime, it’s going so well in our team that other teams also want to use Ansible for their automations. I love Ansible and would love to help make it even better, but I’ve been too busy with my family lately

7 Likes