Vmware_drs_group_manager module issue

Hello,

We have an PROD Ansible Automation Platform which is version 2.3. So, we can use community.vmware.vmware_drs_group_manager module with using correct execution environment without facing any issue for adding VM to the existing DRS group. However, we couldn’t use this module in our TEST environment which version of AWX 17.0.1.

When we try to use same script in AWX, we have encountered with the below issue;
“msg”: “Could not find imported module support code for version. Looked for either StrictVersion.py or version.py”,

As I understood, Ansible version is 2.9 in AWX, and vmware_drs_group_manager module does not exist in this version, but I can use vmware_drs_group, so this is little bit interesting. Do you have any suggestion for this issue? I don’t know maybe the module name can be different in this ansible version.

Ansible version of AWX 17.0.1 is;
bash-4.4# ansible --version
ansible 2.9.18
config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
configured module search path = [‘/var/lib/awx/.ansible/plugins/modules’, ‘/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules’]
ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ansible
executable location = /usr/bin/ansible
python version = 3.6.8 (default, Aug 24 2020, 17:57:11) [GCC 8.3.1 20191121 (Red Hat 8.3.1-5)]

NOTE: By the way I can use vmware_guest or other modules which is related with the vmware.community.

I think ansible 2.9 has been EOL since May 2022. And community.vmware dropped support for 2.9 in November 2022.

I don’t think you will get much help here. If you’ve bought AWX from Red Hat, I think you should open a ticket there. If you’re using the free / open source software, you should use supported versions.

I’m sorry, but that’s the gist: Buy from Red Hat and you have any problems, open a support request there. If you use upstream directly, use supported versions :person_shrugging: