With the latest awx (24.6.1) installed using docker compose, the Container Registry credential does not include any link to a private GPG key.
However, when pulling anything from a private recent docker hub registry,after logging with the right user/password, it is necessary to pass the password of the GPG privare key that was used to create the hub registry.
That’s why I get this error message when trying to launch any template which uses this custom ee:
Error: unable to copy from source docker://hub-kvm.example.com/awx-ee:26.06.15: initializing source docker://hub-kvm.example.com/awx-ee:26.06.15: reading manifest 26.06.15 in hub-kvm.example.com/awx-ee: authentication required
Manually pulling the ee from the private hub registry onto the server hosting the awx docker containers:
docker image ls --digests --all
REPOSITORY TAG DIGEST IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
hub-kvm.example.com/awx_devel 24.6.1-v1.6.9 sha256:digest image_id 12 days ago 3.34GB
quay.io/sclorg/postgresql-15-c9s latest sha256:5dc641f7cfc4dc4c826b9bff512154100601cb63bfc71fd3e51066c159c84030 5dc641f7cfc4 13 days ago 519MB
redis latest sha256:718f745deb7dfefeac6eed7041fc7ec9476b50e61b247932682457c41adafa0e 718f745deb7d 2 weeks ago 213MB
hub-kvm.example.com/awx-ee 26.06.15 sha256:digest image_id 3 months ago 2.79GB
… does not seem to help, as AWX does not see the custom awx-ee since it continues to try to pull the image each time a template depending on this awx-ee is launched if it is defined with ‘only pull the image if not present before running’.
If I change the awx-ee pull with ‘never pull container before running’, I get
Error: hub-kvm.example.com/awx-ee:26.06.15: image not known
I suppose the ee must be available inside the tools_awx_1 container instead of outside.
Maybe it’s possible to import the docker ee image into podman using scp?