Event driven Ansible Controller - Custom Credentials to rulebooks - example kafka user name and passwords

I am giving a first go at using Event Driven Ansible with the operator. I have it deployed to the cluster and have my first eda resource! I have also tested using event driven ansible on the commandline.

I am going to listen to kafka . I have events going into kafka . Now I am setting up the rulebook side and configure EDA . One thing that I am wondering about…is as my kafka instance has a username and password, SASLusername/password, how can i put that into the eda instance? The credential manager only has gitlab/github container registry credentials? I thought it would follow the same setup as AAP/AWX?

Do i need to vault up my credentials for kafka event source?

Many thanks for the help

okay for now i have created extra vars for the username and password in the rule activations. And created variables in the rulebook. As i am just testing how EDA works this is sufficient. A lot of potential, (I can see options for credential_types being developed in github repos) but I don’t think its ready to be used in prod just yet.