Event Driven Ansible x Alertmanager. Any ideas?

Hello guys.

Problem

I have been trying to use EDA rulebooks as a medium between Alertmanager alerts and Ansible playbooks within my Kubernetes cluster.
I am using Ansible from my local machine, and I am using K8S Dynamic Inventory to access my Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS.
I have tried a multitude of things, but due to the lack of documentation, online discussions/examples, and my limited knowledge, I was not able to make it work.

Code

• This is my test-rulebook.yaml :
---
- name: Automatic Remediation of a webserver
hosts: localhost
sources:
- name: listen for alerts
ansible.eda.alertmanager:
# host: '123456.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com' #Tried external IP of service (using load balancer)
# host: 'prometheus-stack-kube-prom-alertmanager.monitoring.svc.cluster.local' #Tried internal IP of service
host: 0.0.0.0
port: 9093
rules:
- name: server down
condition: event.alert.labels.job == "node-exporter" and event.alert.status == "firing"
action:
run_playbook:
name: test-playbook.yaml # No need to share this for the moment since I am not reaching this step yet
  • This is my inventory.k8s.yaml file:
plugin: kubernetes.core.k8s
connections:
- namespaces:
- monitoring # The namespace that has Alertmanager deployed within it
  • This is my ansible.cfg file:
[defaults]
deprecation_warnings = False
[inventory]
enable_plugins = kubernetes.core.k8s

Attached Screenshots

• Screenshot 1: When host=ExternalIP → Error.
  • Screenshot 2: When host=0.0.0.0 → Listening (but to nothing).
  • Screenshot 3: The Alertmanager service that is working within my cluster.

Versions

• Ansible: 2.16.2
  • Kubernetes: Client (1.25.9) | Server (1.27.7)
  • Python: 3.10.13

Extra Notes

(I can provide extra screenshots for the below notes, if needed).

• I pinged the External IP of the service using curl -v, and it works completely fine.
  • Alertmanager service has been working fine, and I can see the alerts on my Grafana Alerts section.
  • The alert I specified in the condition has been firing all the time of the tests.
  • I was able to run an Ansible playbook (independently from EDA), and it worked completely fine.

Hi Mohamed, i’m also new to EDA and i’m not trying to be rude, but if i understood based on what you said i think you only need to keep EDA running by running the CLI as explained here Usage — Ansible Rulebook Documentation Did you try this ? And here on example on how to use EDA https://youtu.be/Bb51DftLbPE