AAP 2.4 Microsoft AD LDAP Plugin Credential Type Ignored

Hello folks i was looking at microsoft.ad.ldap inventory plugin and it can work with my project with username and password in the yaml file but the credential type that Autodotes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0S62vI7dys suggests is not working with my AAP 2.4 .

The inventory source fails sync when the username and password are removed from the yaml file. But it syncs fine with username and password in the yaml . Not sure what I did wrong I followed the parameters to be entered including the injectors but no success.

Microsoft AD LDAP Plugin microsoft.ad.ldap inventory – Inventory plugin for Active Directory — Ansible Community Documentation

Thanks.

Well I have not seen any suggestions so I will track it myself. I will try to upload a new microsoft.ad collection 1.7.1 today and reading the docs looks like I can use the ansible.builtin.env along with a template for username and password. I will test that today.

Just trying to hide username and password from the plugin yaml file and use credential type.