Unable to successfully install galaxy-ng

The target node is a RHEL9 VM and it is a Satellite 6 client.

The intent is have an on premise mirror of galaxy.ansible.com.

I’ve been following Installation - Galaxy NG and I’ve tried both the RPM and Python package methods unsuccessfully.

Not sure what info is required certainly the installation docs don’t seem to be accurate anymore.

Thanks

1 Like

@tannerjc @rochacbruno - we also now have a Jira issue that is also having problems with an onprem install following those guidelines…

Here’s what they wrote:
Key Dependency Versions

Used OS: Rocky Linux 9

Used ansible-core:

ansible [core 2.15.6]
config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
configured module search path = [‘/home/galaxy/.ansible/plugins/modules’, ‘/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules’]
ansible python module location = /home/galaxy/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ansible
ansible collection location = /home/galaxy/.ansible/collections:/usr/share/ansible/collections
executable location = /home/galaxy/.local/bin/ansible
python version = 3.11.2 (main, May 24 2023, 00:00:00) [GCC 11.3.1 20221121 (Red Hat 11.3.1-4)] (/bin/python3.11)
jinja version = 3.1.2
libyaml = True

I couldn’t choose the correct affected version, which is 4.8.1
Steps to Reproduce

get access to a new EL 9 system
setup seperate useraccount (used "galaxy" as username)
install ansible-core from pypi
Run }}{{{{ansible-galaxy collection install pulp.pulp_installer}}
Run }}{{git clone https://gist.github.com/629ba52d68301cc9798227b87704df84.git example
Run cd example
{{{}{}Run }}{{ansible-galaxy install -r ~/.ansible/collections/ansible_collections/pulp/pulp_installer/requirements.yml}}
{{Create hosts file:}}
all:
  hosts:
    localhost:
      ansible_connection: local
{{{}Run }}{}{{ansible-playbook enduser-install.yml -i hosts --extra-vars "@enduser-install-vars.yml{}}}{}{}

(Jira issue includes the full log).

Thanks for any help/advice y’all can give (or docs updates to clear this up).

Hey @samccann!

Great that you found my Jira issue :slight_smile:
Unfortunately it’s gone now, do you know how this can happen?

As I have written there I have been starting to look into, why the published artifacts are failing (something dependency tree), but running it from source works.
Wanted to see if I can help somewhere there, but now it’s just gone?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers, lumarel

1 Like

Not sure why the Jira disappeared but I’ll look into it.

Meanwhile post here with anything you come up with, thanks!

1 Like

I flipped the jira’s security level back to “None”, so it should be visible again.

1 Like

@samccann, @tannerjc: Thank you to you two, interesting that the creator also looses access if the sec level gets bumped :sweat_smile: