Requesting a forum group

This topic is for requesting a new forum group, which is one of the things you can ask for as a Working Group.

The process is pretty easy:

• Start a reply on this topic
  • Click :gear: > Insert Template
  • Select the “new forum group” template
  • Fill it out and post the reply
  • Once created the replies will be removed from here to keep the request topic clean

Together with the group, you can also request a tag for the group here, so that group members will get notified when related post are created.

(We’re still finding our feet with forums vs docs vs old wikis, so feel free to reply if anything is unclear or duplicated!)

4 Likes

@tima @cidrblock Would you like a DevTools group? I’ve already seen a couple of topics around EEs, navigator, etc where it would be nice to have a group to ping :wink:

1 Like

I believe Devtools developers - Ansible already exists.

1 Like

Oh lol, I am an idiot. I think I made that while we were setting everything up and then totally forgot about it. @cidrblock shall I add you? :smiley:

I’d like to request a new forum group please. Here’s the group information:

• Purpose: Ansible Network Automation Working Group for sharing meeting agendas, information and related discussions
  • Group Name: ansible-network
  • Group Full Name: Ansible Network Automation Working Group
  • Title (optional):
  • Visibility:
    • Who can see this group exists? everyone
    • Who can see the group’s member list? everyone

Thanks!

3 Likes

@nilashishc all done, your group is a thing. I sent you a PM with some more details.

1 Like

Hello,

• Purpose: Discussing about proxmox collection
  • Group Name: proxmox-collection
  • Group Full Name: Proxmox Collection Maintainers
  • Visibility:
    • Who can see this group exists? Everyone
    • Who can see the group’s member list? Everyone

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @l00ptr, welcome to the forum! I can sort that for you shortly - do you have other folks who want to be on the initial member list?

@gwmngilfen @l00ptr created, thanks!

1 Like

@Andersson007 thanks. Is there a reason for @Thulium-Drake to be the sole member and not @l00ptr who requested it?

@gwmngilfen as far as i know @Thulium-Drake and another person (who’s not on the forum yet but aware) were people who initiated this whole Proxmox collection undertaking, so let’s let them decide how to proceed:)

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve added @l00ptr to the group, as he’s already a Proxmox maintainer on Github :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[Fill out this template to request a group, everything in [] needs an answer]

• Purpose: Discuss matters regarding the project Ansible Middleware
  • Group Name: ansible-middleware
  • Group Full Name: Ansible Middleware
  • Title (optional):
  • Visibility:
    • Who can see this group exists? Everyone
    • Who can see the group’s member list? Everyone

Thanks!

@ataxexe hi, thanks for requesting the group!
Created Ansible middleware - Ansible, you’re made an admin. Please change the description template, add a cool avatar, other folks and enjoy!
You can also request a tag if needed and make the members automatically notified when posts tagged with it are created.

Hi, I forgot to ask for a tag to be created alongside with the ansible-middleware group. Is it possible to create it for us? The tag name is “ansible-middleware”, just like the group.

Thanks!

@ataxexe hi, how about just middleware as “ansible” may be implied here on the forum? Let me know, I’ll create that one you requested if i’m wrong.

2 Likes

I like the idea. Simple and clear :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Please go ahead with just middleware.

1 Like

@ataxexe cool, done, i added it to the group notifications, you can change this in Ansible middleware - Ansible
You’re welcome, enjoy the forum!

1 Like