Q: How to create an Execution Environment in a Dev environment with non-Galaxy collections and roles under development?

Bottom line, how do I create an execution environment which supports a dev environment?

As part of my Ansible work I have been developing a number of organization specific collections and roles that are under heavy development and are not - and never will be - available on Ansible Galaxy. It is not at all clear how I can use an EE in a dev environment. There are at least two issues:

1. I can’t figure out how to provide the execution environment with an ansible.cfg that specifies the collections path (or anything else for that matter).
  2. I can’t figure out how to provide collections which aren’t in Ansible Galaxy. I’m guessing I could copy them in to the image, but that requires a properly configured ansible.cfg. See #1
  3. I really would prefer to mount - at least in a dev environment - my organization specific collections directory and not copy them into container. Having to rebuild the environment for every dev related change is pretty obnoxious.

Any help would be much appreciated.