Job Failed with No Output in AWX

Hello,

I am currently experiencing an issue with AWX where a job fails with the message “This job failed and has no output.” Unfortunately, the job does not provide any relevant error messages or output to help diagnose the problem.
I am unable to determine the cause of the failure. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you!

Is the (lack of) output almost immediate after launching the job, or is there a delay of some consistent number of seconds or minutes each time before failure is declared? In other words, is it failing right away or is some timeout involved? (It isn’t much to go on, but it’s better than nothing.)

Also do you have access to any AWX logs other than job logs in the GUI?

Check the jobs section of your AWX GUI.

Are there dependent jobs which were triggered like project update, inventory sync, etc?
Often we see this if above fails.

Hi,

As Todd mentioned it, you should have some logs in the task container. When your job does not even start, it often comes from the creation of your playbook execution context, such as resolving secrets in your credentials, getting your inventory ready etc.

For example, a common thing we see in our context, is users who switches context (dev => prod) and who did not create the entries in the matching secret backend.

Hope this helps !