Introduce yourself!

I have so many Heron photos I wonder if it’s too many. It’s a favorite subject for me. There is just something about them.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m James.

I’m an “Orchestration & Automation Engineer” for a Datacenter business with presence throughout the UK.
I’ve been using Ansible for 4 or so years almost daily, but still constantly learning something new, particularly since I started module/plugin development.
I’ve written a few internal modules for work, but most recently I’ve been contributing modules and plugins into the “morpheus.core” collection.

Hopefully, by signing up here, I’ll learn even more!

6 Likes
- name: Greetings
  ansible.builtin.debug:
    msg: "Hello Ansible Community!"

Hello everyone :sunny:

I’m Pavel, a loving father and husband from Slovakia. I’m interested in history, space, physics and fantasy and detective novels. I’m very open people person, 3d print hobbyist and also cat servant. :joy_cat: who is always struggling with weight. :man_shrugging:t2: :bacon: :heart:

I’m Tech Lead & Platform Automation Expert, currently with major central European financial institution. As seasoned enterprise developer with strong engineering background somehow I’m able to translate fluently between many business and technical levels. I’m a passionate about DevOps, security, architecture and all kinds of automation. Occasionally I speak at events and provide hard skills trainings or workshops.

I love enabling people to help themselves by automating the hell out of various SDLC platform services. Working alongside and talking to multiple product developer and engineering teams, satisfying business needs through harmonisation, architecture, kind beneficial collaboration and assurance of management air support is what I do. Not being killed by thousand Jira tickets is my daily tea. :tea:

We are using Ansible also in some unique, hopefully clever ways in orchestration with plenty of other tools and services. Honestly, you name it, we most probably got it, sometimes twice. I’m looking for a likeminded community of Ansible users, developers, enthusiasts and everyone willing to share their knowledge, stories and opinions.

I’m relentless learner, reading technical books, listening talks and recently conference networking addict. In fact I’m writing this from Brno, Czech Republic after packed 3 days DevConfCZ conference where I met a lot of great people. Some have encouraged me to step up and get out to share and contribute to community. So here I am, hoping to be an asset rather than liability :slight_smile:

7 Likes

i am new to ansible and want to leanr more about ansible for linux rhel8

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!
Glad to see you guys, I am a new user but already using AWX 1 year ago
Hope i can learn more value here

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m an Australian who started using Ansible in 2012 (before roles), while based in Vancouver, B.C., wrote an Elasticbeanstalk module back in 2017/2018 and haven’t been using Ansible much since then. I now have some time on my hands to get back into it and reconnect with the community. I’m now based in Los Angeles.

Shout out to John, Will, Jessie and David. I attended Ansiblefest (SanFrancisco) in 2014, my last Ansiblefest was in Austin in 2018 where I got to have dinner with John and Will. I look forward to seeing everyone in the future. I’m a co-organizer on the Ansible Vancouver Meetup looking to hand off this role to someone local to Vancouver.

Best to reach out to me on this forum or github.

I’m off to go kick the tyres on this AWX thing :wink:

5 Likes