Introduce yourself!

Greetings!!

I hope this message finds you all well. Nikhil here from California. I am excited to join this vibrant community. I am fairly new to Ansible, but I am eager to learn and grow my skills in this area.

I have a basic understanding of Ansible and have used it for some small projects. I am particularly interested in how Ansible can automate complex IT tasks and simplify the management of large networks of computers.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing my journey as I delve deeper into the world of Ansible. I am open to any advice, resources, or tips that you think might be helpful for a beginner like me.

Thank you for welcoming me into this community. I canā€™t wait to start collaborating and learning with all of you!

8 Likes

My name is Marcos Alano. Iā€™m a DevOps engineer at Dev.Pro and just now Iā€™m using Ansible consistently in one of our clients, but I love Ansible since a long time ago.

10 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™m the latest Newb so I will be asking a lot of questions :slightly_smiling_face: . Looking to use Ansible to automate firewall code upgrades, config changes, etc. Using this resource, as well as others to get up to speed. Iā€™m old, tired, and just want it all to work :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Star. I live in NYC. I live in a punk house and work in IT infrastructure. Iā€™m currently interested in networking, security, and devops. Also looking and curious about some software engineering projects. My twitter & My linkedin Iā€™ve been making a blog and podcast lately.

Iā€™m interested in the beach, and crafts. I just started making blogs so Iā€™m new to them but I just made some to get started in writing. I started a profile on Dec 6th. I looked at Ansible last year in CCNP Encor I think, with David Bomball course for free. Iā€™m curious about VMware with Ansible.

Iā€™m running into roadblocks sometimes when looking for Ansible answers and to learn more about my questions.

10 Likes

Hello! Been using Ansible for nearly 9 years at this point! Iā€™ve been involved in the community off and on for about 5 years or so. Iā€™ve contributed one bug fix to the project, which is not much but still cool.

Iā€™ve brought Ansible to 3 places and spruced up its use at 2 other places. I love it!

10 Likes

Hi everyone! :wave:

Iā€™m Daniel (dbrennand) from the UK :uk:

Iā€™d been meaning to sign up to this forum for a while since reading about it on the Bullhorn! Finally got round to it! :slightly_smiling_face:

I enjoy learning new technologies and Iā€™m passionate about automation, DevOps and self-hosting. I sometimes blog about Ansible and other tech related stuff. Iā€™m using Ansible regularly to manage my Homelab and have created a couple of Ansible roles on GitHub. Last year I passed RHCSA and plan on taking RHCE this year!

In my free time I enjoy gaming :space_invader: , swimming :swimming_man: and board games :game_die: . See you all on the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Hello guys,

Iā€™m Roger and I work as Cloud Engineer in Brazil with focus on Red Hat OpenStack and OpenShift.

I use Ansible to automate my daily tasks and deploys. I hope learning more concepts and aspects with you!

=)

9 Likes

Hello Fellow Ansible Enthusiasts! My name is Kerry and I first started using ansible with AWX back in 2018 for a popular IT Giant, and as an engineer who only knew of shell and ps scripts, i was blown away with the ease of use and the possibilities!

Fast forward 6 years, I now run my own AWX clusters to manage thousands of onprem servers and all other sorts of ā€œthingsā€. I love it and even more I love this community of brilliance, truly! I am now starting to mess around with the EDA operator, although I leverage ansible spoke quite a bit for what EDA can do

9 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Tom! Iā€™m a DevOps engineer from the Chicagoland area. Iā€™ve been using Ansible now for a few years and have had a very good experience with it. Iā€™m trying to expand how I use it, especially on Windows clients.

I also like to cook, watch movies, and spend time with my family. I also spend quite a bit of time on Mastodon (Sir Dippingsauce (@tompurl@dads.cool) - dads.cool) if you want to ping me.

If you want to learn more about me then the best place to do so is my web site:

8 Likes

Hey all! Iā€™m Fale from Milan, Italy. Iā€™ve been using Ansible for 10+ (since 2013!) and Iā€™ve done a bounch of things around it including blogging about it (and not only) on fale.io, writing a few books on it, and written a bounch of Ansible code obviously :). Iā€™ve not always been a fan of Discourse-like systems, but it is probably the time I start to get over it, so letā€™s see how it will go. Another thing Iā€™m trying to do better is social media, mostly on the fediverse.

8 Likes

You can Enable mailing list mode in your preference and then simply use your email client to interact with Discourse, you donā€™t have to use the web UI. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello,

My name is LoĆÆc. Iā€™m a 40 years old belgian guy, living in Luxembourg.

Iā€™m working as a Linux sysadmin at the Luxembourg National Library. There we use Ansible for multiple purposes: ensure the compliance of our VMs, accounting configuration, products deployment and configuration, etcā€¦
Latest significant thing I implemented Ansible-related was an inventory plugin and Iā€™m currently setting up a Semaphore instance with OpenID authentication.

Iā€™ve got a few hobbies, main ones being hiking and photography.

I went to FOSDEM last week-end and got invited to join this forum, so here I am :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You can, but Iā€™d recommend using email notifications for specific categories and tags will make it less of a firehose. Iā€™m a fan of ā€œwatch first post onlyā€ which means I see all the topics and I can watch specific.ones for more posts.

4 Likes

I use the mailing list mode for the Fedora one, and Iā€™m not finding it as useful as Iā€™d like it to be. Iā€™ll try to see if Iā€™ll be able to configure it better here, though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi :wave:
Iā€™m Jadyn (she/her) Iā€™ve probably met some of you at FOSDEMā€™23/24 or cgfmgmtcamp24 in Belgium.
I used to be a DevOps Engineer, now I work in Cybersecurity and do ansible things in my free time, mainly regarding Proxmox and Secretstorage.

10 Likes

Hi, Saumiya here, from UAE. I have been working in the communication sector for 6 years and recently, decided on switching to the technical sector. I am currently learning automation tools which include Ansible, docker, and many more. And thatā€™s how I landed here. I am glad I found this amazing community. I hope to learn a lot from professionals here and contribute to the open-source projects when I am good to go. I am part of some of the Linux and DevOps forums too and love to reach out/connect with people through forums and grow together with the community.

Outside of the learning part, I am an amateur bird-watcher. I love hiking too and thatā€™s how I plan my travels, just to go hiking and watch birds in the deep forests. Plus I am a people person, 101 percent. You all are invited virtually for tea anytime, at my home. :wink: You might have heard the saying ā€œHabibi, come to Dubaiā€

8 Likes

Hi, I am Eric aka ericsysmin. Not really new here in the Ansible Community, but new to this forum. I have lots of collections, and roles in the Galaxy, and many blog entries on testing and build roles and collections with Molecule. Iā€™ve been using Ansible now for almost 10 years. I can be found on IRC @ericsysmin and on the Ansible matrix space.

https://ericsysmin.com

11 Likes

Hello,

My name is Thomas and iā€™m working on Ansible since 2 years. I recently move from awx 15 to 22 and learn to user K3S. Hope this forum will help me !

7 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Tom Purl and live in Chicagoland. Iā€™ve been using Ansible on side projects for a while now and hope to help others while I learn on this forum.

7 Likes

Gā€™Day

Iā€™m Jad from Sydney, Australia

Love Ansible love the communityā€¦ keep up the good work everyone.

GitHub: j-oss2023 (Jad Seifeddine) Ā· GitHub and jadsy2107 Ā· GitHub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jad-seifeddine-7aa9b067/
Personal Site: https://jadseifeddine.com

8 Likes