Hi, I have connected my AWX installation (version 23.4.0) to Azure AD single-sign-on. So far, this works perfectly in the browser.
Now, I would like to authenticate to awx-cli with my azure credentials… and I am failing badly.
What I did so far:
- Added an additional client scope for azure-cli to the awx enterprise app in azure ✓
- Login to the tenant with azure cli and the newly created scope with
az login --scope api://$MYAPI/SCOPE --allow-no-subscriptions --tenant $MYTENANTID✓
- Request a token from azure ad with
az account get-access-token --scope api://$MYAPI/SCOPE --tenant $MYTENANTID✓
- try to use
awx --conf.host https://$MYAWXHOST --conf.token $Token hosts list
The last step fails with “Valid credentials were not provided.”
Can anyone provide me with
- feedback wether this is the right process at all?
- resources with more guidance on this configuration?
Kind regards, Jörg