Galaxy - 500 errors / API Key Not Working

First I was attempting to publish a new version of our collection via ansible-galaxy collection publish command and I got a 403 error. So I went to try to investigate what was going on with my token. Then when attempting to log in I’m now getting server 500 errors.

2 Likes

Note that the login was using GitHub auth.

Same here; my existing API token appears to be invalid (which is fine), but I cannot log in to Galaxy NG to obtain a new one or even just update my published collection. Galaxy prompted me to authorize my GitHub account again and now immediately returns a 500 upon attempting to log in.

Same issue on my end. Tried to revoke my Github auth application grants as well and re-establishing the oauth flow again still results in 500 from galaxy.

Hi there.

I had the same issue

and i have just found a solution.

You will need to open your GitHub Account Settings, go to Applications and open an Authorized OAuth Apps tab, or try to open a link below, then revoke all Ansible Galaxy applications.

As i understand, it happenes because of GitHub stores Legasy-Ansible-Galaxy keys in its Authorized OAuth App

2 Likes

I didn’t have to do anything this morning and now it is working. Guessing that there was in fact some system issues at some point.

Can confirm, and generating a new API token worked as well, thankfully. Quite scary, though.

My API keys are not working either. I’m trying to upload a role in a github action. I only see API keys under the collections tab. Does that mean I can no longer upload just a role?

(also I would open a new topic - but I can’t seem to do so…)

1 Like

There’s no restrictions on creating a new topic, @johrstrom, you should be able to. Are you getting an error of some kind?

EDIT: moved here: Can't seem to start a new topic via button (works by URL)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can;t seem to start a new topic via button (works by URL)

I revoked the Authorize OAuth APPs and continue to see a Server Error (500)

This morning it works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.