Intermittent Error creating pod: container failed to start, ImagePullBackOff

Has anyone ever run into this error with AWX-operator? It just started happening to me today intermittently. I launch my Job Templates and sometimes they fail with this error:

Error creating pod: container failed to start, ImagePullBackOff

I am running AWX-operator on a K3 kubernetes cluster.
On froom k8 dashboard I see this error:

Failed to pull image "quay.io/ansible/awx-ee:latest": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to pull and unpack image "quay.io/ansible/awx-ee:latest": failed to resolve reference "quay.io/ansible/awx-ee:latest": pulling from host quay.io failed with status code [manifests latest]: 502 Bad Gateway

Is there something up with quay.io?

Thanks

Apologizes for answering my own question and not checking before posting but quay.io is having an major outage.

2 Likes

yep…

would u mind marking this topic solved

1 Like

Would using something like OpenShift have helped with reliable access to containers?

For AWX not really since we host image on Quay.

Thanks. I understand. Quay did fix the problem pretty quickly, but can you recommend a course of action that could make my AWX more resilient to such outages?

1 Like

Mirroring to a private image registry and deploy using private image registry would probably work.

2 Likes

Also we have the image in ghcr.io/ansible as well. This is our staging image registry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.