How to pass certificate via AWX credential

One of the user is trying to pass certificates via credential. For that he created credential type and credential in AWX. The credential contains ca_certificate, certificate, key etc.

However, the system is unable to identify the certificate upon execution.

Credential type:
fields:

• id: ca_cert
    type: string
    label: CA Certificate
  • id: client_cert
    label: Client Certificate
  • id: client_key
    label: client Key

Injector config:
extra_vars:
ca_cert: ‘{{ ca_cert }}’
client_key: ‘{{ client_key }}’
client_cert: ‘{{ client_cert }}’

I have attached screenshot of the credential with this.

Error:
To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: Exception: Task failed to complete. (failed; no start line: cadata does not contain a certificate (_ssl.c:4163))

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “msg”: “Task failed to complete. (failed; no start line: cadata does not contain a certificate (_ssl.c:4163))”}

Please let me know whether any issue with this and how this can be resolved.

Hello @amvj,
Would you mind providing the specific credential type that you are using? We have quite a few different types and the configuration will vary based on that.

Would you mind also providing us with the version you are using as well, please? Thank you so much for your time!

Also, have you tried to pass the CA certs the way it was described (syntax-wise) in the example from step 4 of Creating a New Custom Credential Type?

Hi
We are using a custom credential and the same has been provided above. I am repasting it once again:

Credential type:
fields:

• id: ca_cert
    label: CA Certificate
  • id: client_cert
    label: Client Certificate
  • id: client_key
    label: client Key

Injector config:
extra_vars:
ca_cert: ‘{{ ca_cert }}’
client_key: ‘{{ client_key }}’
client_cert: ‘{{ client_cert }}’

The AWX version is 24.2.0

Thanks for the link. This looks interesting. I will give a try.
If there are any known examples with this please let me know.

Please let us know if you were able to resolve this via the provided documentation. Thank you so much for your time!

Sorry for the late response. We are still looking into this.

For some reason I am not getting notified for the thread updates. Today I manually checked it seen your message.