How to modify nginx conf with AWX Kubernetes (awx-operator)

Hello,

I probably need to modify some nginx settings in my AWX controller (especially about timeout) but when running on Kubernetes (with awx-operator) I do not figure out how to do because :

• Any change in <controller>-awx-configmap is overwritten by the operator.
  • And operator CRD doesn’t seem to offer nginx params in specs section when we create a AWX controller instance.

More about my context: I’m using awx.awx collection and awxkit to manage assets on AWX but when I import large amount of data I’m facing some Connection timed out in controller-web (ok with few data amount). So I assume that is caused by a timeout on controller front (nginx) and I already increased the Ingress timeout.

Thanks for any advise

This old merge PR #1145 should respond to my usecase :slight_smile:
I’ll test it and let you know here…

So no problem to add extra nginx conf using a new ConfigMap, extra_volumes and extra_volume_mount in AWX instance, but unfortunately it doesn’t reply to my need because if the nginx setting is already set (e.g. uwsgi_read_timeout 120s;) we cannot overwrite anyway because it results in a double param declaration and nginx will fail to start…

And I’m quitte sure this is exactly this nginx param I need to increase as per log below (120s timeout for uwsgi) :confused:

2024-10-11 15:24:35,196 INFO     [afed0e746e32444695bc0e36b0c33225] awx.api.authentication User admin performed a POST to /api/v2/execution_environments/ through the API using OAuth 2 token 336.
2024/10/11 15:26:35 [error] 19#19: *48 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.166.2.2, server: _, request: "POST /api/v2/execution_environments/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "uwsgi://127.0.0.1:8050", host: 

Back to start line… :smile: