How to Install Ansible Server (AAP) in an Offline Environment

8/14/24
Searched current forums , did not see this question posted, How do you install Ansible Server in an offline environment?
Thanks,
PARKOFADOWN

@samccann Can you help?

Hey! Welcome to the Ansible community forum! So I’m not familiar with ‘ansible server’… Do you mean how to install ansible-core in an offliine environment (since you used that tag)?

@ samccann
My team is trying to install the Entire Ansible product offline from start to finish. Is there anyway to do that?
Thanks,
PARKOFADOWN

So I edited the title of this post a bit to capture the attention of any other AAP users here ((Ansible Automation Platform). This is predominantly a site of community and users helping each other, so we may not get a lot of response, but worth a try.

Someone pointed me to 4.2. Ansible Automation Platform installation on disconnected RHEL which may have some helpful guidance.

Otherwise, I’d recommented talking to your Red Hat support contacts to see what might be available.

1 Like

Thank you for the information will do.

To install Ansible Automation Platform (AAP) in an offline environment, you’ll need to follow a series of steps to ensure that all required packages and dependencies are properly managed. If you’re using a machine equipped with an Intel Evo processor, you can benefit from its enhanced performance and efficiency during this process. Here’s a general approach:

1. Prepare Installation Media: Since you’re working in an offline environment, you’ll need to download all necessary installation files and dependencies beforehand. This includes the Ansible packages, any required dependencies, and documentation. Use a machine with internet access to gather these resources.
  2. Transfer Files: Move the downloaded files to the target machine with the Intel Evo processor. You can use USB drives, external hard drives, or any other method suitable for your environment.
  3. Install Dependencies: Before installing Ansible, make sure that all required dependencies are available on the target machine. The Intel Evo processor’s high performance will ensure that the dependency installation process runs smoothly and efficiently.
  4. Install Ansible: Follow the Ansible installation instructions provided with the offline package. This typically involves using package managers or running installation scripts. Ensure that the process is done in accordance with the documentation to avoid any issues.
  5. Verify Installation: Once the installation is complete, verify that Ansible is correctly installed and configured by running a few test commands or playbooks. The Intel Evo processor’s performance can help in quickly validating the setup.
  6. Configure Offline Repositories: If your setup requires additional modules or updates, you may need to configure offline repositories. This allows you to manage packages and updates without needing a constant internet connection.

By leveraging the capabilities of your Intel Evo processor, you can ensure that the installation process is efficient and that Ansible runs smoothly in your offline environment. If you encounter any issues, consulting the official Ansible documentation or community forums can provide additional support.

Thanks & Best Regards!
Alisa Aine