How to get deb822_repository module to work with core 2.14.3?

Hello,

I want to use the deb822_repository module in one of my tasks. It is failing with:

ERROR! couldn’t resolve module/action ‘ansible.builtin.deb822_repository’.

I run this on Debian Bookworm and ansible 2.14.3 ist the current version there. After some digging, as I understand it, the deb822_repository is only part of ansible-core 2.15 and later. It was part part of the collection community.general before but not anymore (since it is part of core now).

How do I get this module to work with my 2.14.3 version?

Thank you!

I run this on Debian Bookworm and ansible 2.14.3 ist the current version there. After some digging, as I understand it, the deb822_repository is only part of ansible-core 2.15 and later.

Correct.

It was part part of the collection community.general before but not anymore (since it is part of core now).

Note that deb822_repository from the ansible-core distribution (version 2.15+) was written from scratch and if you were using any other deb822_repository module it is very likely they aren’t compatible.

How do I get this module to work with my 2.14.3 version?

You can download the module from ansible/lib/ansible/modules/deb822_repository.py at devel · ansible/ansible · GitHub and use the standard mechanism to add custom modules to your Ansible installation, see Adding modules and plugins locally — Ansible Documentation.

However note that there is no guarantee that the module will work on 2.14 and such scenario is not supported by any means. I would recommend, if possible, updating to 2.15+ via other means - search the ansible documentation for “Installing Ansible” - I was going to put a link here but got an error saying that new users can only put two links within their reply ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

3 Likes

This is a Discourse default, if you use the forum your trust level will go up quite quickly and this limit will be lifted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.