How to gather vSphere HA Cluster Info, very specifically vSPhere HA properties with Vmware_cluster_info?

Hallo Team,

kind of beginner in Ansible.
Written few lines but not there yet. I want to gather vSphere HA Cluster Info, very specifically vSPhere HA properties i.e. advanced properties as shown below

vSphere Cluster Info:

Where can i find specific properties for vSphere cluster here?

Specify the properties to retrieve.
Example:
properties: [
“name”,
“configuration.dasConfig.enabled”,
“summary.totalCpu”
]

Only valid when schema is vsphere.

coming from vSphere background i know these properties but when I use e.g. a property with das.ignoreInsufficientHbDatastore it throws error. It either because i’m not aware if these properties are case sensitive

I keep getting below error

ansible-playbook cluster_info.yaml
[WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available
[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not match 'all'
[WARNING]: Collection community.vmware does not support Ansible version 2.10.8

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Property 'das.ignoreInsufficientHbDatastore' not found."}

PLAY RECAP ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=2    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1    skipped=0    rescued=0    ignored=0

Question:
is there place i find all these properties?
At least vmware KB VMware Knowledge Base is not helping here

1 Like

I think that’s the problem: das.ignoreInsufficientHbDatastore looks like an advanced setting, it’s not a property of a cluster.

I’m not sure if this module (or another module) returns advanced settings. And I don’t have the time to test this at the moment… maybe someone else has an idea.

You should be able to set the advanced setting with vmware_cluster_ha, though.

You should be able to set the advanced setting with vmware_cluster_ha, though.

My quest started from there. I added an advanced property to vSphere HA but I want to print that advanced property for information. But I guess it is not there based on your comment. But then where is the vSphere Schema defined? I’m sure we can find all properties there…