Gather_facts: Module not found: No module named 'ansible.modules.ansible.module_utils'

I upgraded my Ansible command/control machine to OpenSuSE-15.6 and am now getting this error when I try to run certain ansible playbooks against remote machines:

‘’‘File "/tmp/ansible_ansible.legacy.setup_payload_ttw45yty/ansible_ansible.legacy.setup_payload.zip/ansible/modules/ansible/legacy/setup.py", line 131, in \nModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘ansible.modules.ansible.module_utils’\n", “module_stdout”: “”, “msg”: “MODULE FAILURE\nSee stdout/stderr for the exact error”, “rc”: 1}}, “msg”: “The following modules failed to execute: ansible.legacy.setup\n”}’‘’

ansible-core-2.16.5-bp156.1.2.noarch
ansible-9.4.0-bp156.1.2.noarch

I found this thread but there was no solution mentioned: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ansible.modules.ansible.module_utils · Issue #83714 · ansible/ansible · GitHub

I also did a search in this forum with tag “module” and didn’t find anything relevant.

Hopefully there’s an easy fix. Thanks!

PS: If I add “gather_facts: false” to the playbook I don’t appear to get that error and can run the playbook to completion.