Deprecating vmware.vmware_rest.vcenter_vm_guest_filesystem_directories

Hi,

I am a maintainer of vmware.vmware_rest and considering deprecating vcenter_vm_guest_filesystem_directories. vmware.vmware_rest.vcenter_vm_guest_filesystem_directories module – Creates a directory in the guest operating system — Ansible Community Documentation

It is an especially fragile module that would likely need to be rewritten if support were to continue. While I know this module provides a utility before Ansible may be able to connect to the host, I cannot think of use case where it is needed before something like ansible.builtin.file is used.

If you feel like this module should be maintained for good reason, please let me know in this thread.

Thanks

1 Like

TBH I think at least some of the modules in this collection are there because it was possible to auto-generate them from some API spec, not because there really was a demand or request for them.

I don’t really see why it exists. It think it’s been introduced in appliance: integration tests. But there’s no information about why it has been added.

I would also be interested in a good reason to keep this module, because I can’t think of one.

1 Like