Best way to publish a new module

I recently put the code for an Ansible module which I developed on GitHub. It is called zypper_lock and can be found at GitHub - melauer/zypper_lock: Ansible modules for managing zypper locklists . This module is based on dnf_versionlock from community.general and has similar functionality but works with the “zypper” package manager which comes with SUSE Linux.

I was hoping to get some advice on how to publish this module. Looking at ansible-galaxy I see that it is possible to publish roles and collections and I see that collections can include modules. I guess my questions are:

1. Is it normal to publish a collection in ansible-galaxy for just a single module? Or is that bad form? Perhaps just making it available on GitHub is sufficient.

2. Related question: Given that ansible-galaxy recently changed and that some of the info I have found is now out of date, would it be a good idea to wait a bit for that whole situation to stabilize?

3. What sorts of things should I do to make this code more useful to people? I can search the web for guides for this sort of thing but if anyone can point me in the right direction, maybe to some sort of official guide, that would save me some time and I would really appreciate it.

hello, if i am not wrong, since you can’t publish module but in a collection, don’t wait before publishing your own.
For question 2, i can tell you i published my first module 3 days ago without any problem.
For question 3, please have a look at this resource: