AWX integration with Jira

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the AWX integration with jira and create a project in it using playbook.

Could anyone help me with the documentaion? Even while adding the new credentials in AWX, i did not get any Credential type for jira.

Please help me with the proper solution for this.

1 Like

I am not sure there is native integration with AWX, you would have to create a custom credential type (12. Custom Credential Types — Automation Controller User Guide v4.4).

On the playbook side, there is a module thought to talk to JIRA: community.general.jira module – Create and modify issues in a JIRA instance — Ansible Documentation

3 Likes

Sean beat me to it…

Congratulations Sean for being the first one to answer a Get Help for AWX on the forum!

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Apparently Sean is faster than Hao - evidence needed!

@anup.sah if the answer that @IPvSean provided helps with your question please mark this question as resolved

I’m going to mark @IPvSean’s answer as the solution - @anup.sah if that’s incorrect, let us know!

Actually in credential there is no option to choose jira as a target. How can i run template without jira as a integration option in AWX.
as i have installed Jira in an ec2 instance.

I think it would need to be a custom credential @Nikhil

1 Like