Ansible tower admin missing "+" to create inventory, hosts, users, etc

All, I am new to the community.

I am evaluate the “ansible tower” recently. I have installed the ansible 3.8.6 (latest) to centos 8 server… The install and starging ansible tower has no issue. I can get into the web UI and get the eval license for 16 hosts. I also successfully ran the demo inventory/template without issue…

However, I noticed that some of “create” feature are missing. There is no “+” for creating inventory, users, hosts, etc… As a “admin” I thought the role should be able to do all.

Any reason why? Any help is appreciate it…

NOTE: I also configure the https so the ssl is working fine…

Can you provide a screen shot of your inventory page, showing where you are expecting to see the “+”?

Thank you,

Dustin

here is the screen shot from centos 8

Here is one from rhel 8 that is working fine…

what i did last night is installing rhel8.4 in vm and then install ansible tower 3.8. It looks like rhel8 is fine but not centos 8. Even the document said that it works for centos8

NOTE: I actually have also install ansible tower 3.6.x to centos 8 with same result…

So conclusion is the issue is on centos 8… but not sure why…

Sorry, I cannot be more helpful. Your GUI looks different than mine. I had a similar issue with AWX a couple times and it ended being two different things. One time it was AWX didn’t have write access to the database, only read. The other time it was because I was logged in with a user that was not a system or organization admin.

No worries… At least I can get it to work on rhel 8 … I am curious why it didn’t work on cento 8. Let see if others have same issue… I actually did chat with redhat support but since I am not a standard or paid subscription, they can’t log a case for me… Too bad…

Eddie

image003.jpg

Unfortunately, Tower (AAP) doesn’t use pods the same as AWX and my troubleshooting is all AWX focused.

Do you get any errors in your Tower logs that could be related to the issue?