Ansible Community Day - Berlin 2023

Ansible Community Day in Berlin, Germany

Ansible - Automation powered by Community

Ansible Community Day is a day-long community-focused event to discuss the Ansible project, community, and the broader ecosystem. It’s an opportunity for the community of Ansible users, partners, and contributors to share experiences, case studies, integrations and solutions, and learn from each other. Join us and play a part in the growth and development of the Ansible Community!

• Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
  • Time: 09:00 - 17:00 CEST
  • Address: Rungestraße 20, 10179 Berlin, Germany

Registration

Please register on Eventbrite (even if you’ve indicated you’re attending in the forum topic), as you’ll need the ticket to enter the conference:

Agenda

Take a look at the event schedule and talk details!

Streaming

The event will be streamed on our Youtube channel:

Directions

When you arrive at Rungestraße 20, enter the courtyard.

Walk past the first area (:two: :three: :four:) and continue through the tunnel.

Continue across the second courtyard and head for area :six:, go through the second tunnel.

You will reach the water side and be able to enter the main hall of c-base from there!

Code of Conduct

For Ansible community events, we adhere to the Ansible Community Code of Conduct.

4 Likes

Got my ticket! Now I need to think of a CFP submission…

:thought_balloon: looks around at the forum :thinking::bulb:

2 Likes

CFP deadline extended until September 04, 2023 23:59 UTC

2 Likes

We have receive many great proposals and here are the ones we’ve selected to share with you on Ansible Community Day in Berlin! (Full agenda with schedule and talk details coming soon!)

Presentations in alphabetical order:

AaaS - Automation as a Service

How to offer an automation platform shared by multiple teams on the basis of Ansible Automation Platform (AAP). What are the requirements to consider and how to address them.

Presenters: Eric Lavarde and Moritz Schoenwetter

Ansible Community Strategy 2023: The Half-Year Update

In February, at ConfigManagementCamp, we laid out our vision for the things we need to improve on in the Ansible community. Let’s discuss how that’s going!

Presenter: Greg Sutcliffe: @gwmngilfen

Ansible in a Devcontainer: entire arista.avd ecosystem in a sealed bottle

Building a stable Ansible environment can be a challenge. We’ll focus on a network automation case: deploying an EVPN fabric with arista.avd collection inside a Devcontainer. The improved user experience can be extended to other Ansible collections and use cases. This session includes a demo.

Presenters: Petr Ankudinov and Patrick Mathy

Ansible - The hard way

Ansible is all about simple IT automation, unless it isn’t.

Sometimes, you really need to walk the extra mile to make something work with Ansible. Let’s investigate some of these situations and how you can approach them. You might think of rollbacks, nested loops or side effect handling.

Presenter: Daniel Schier

Automation Good Practices

The Good Practices for Ansible (GPA) is a worldwide initiative by the Red Hat Automation Community of Practice. Many hours of automation experts from different Red Hat organizations have flown into it. And all this massive experience is open to use by anybody.

Presenters: Eric Lavarde and Moritz Schoenwetter

Enhancing Ansible Open Source Projects with Steampunk Spotter

Did you know Steampunk Spotter goes beyond analyzing and improving private Ansible Playbooks? This powerful playbook scanning tool can also scan public playbooks and provide fixes for PR/MR. In our session, we’ll show how to use Spotter to enhance Ansible content and open source projects.

Presenters: Anže Luzar and Nejc Slabe

From Zero to Hero: How to build the Ansible Pilot Community

Elevate your skills! The Ansible Pilot Community empowers IT pros in Automation, DevOps, and Cloud to master Ansible, transforming daily tasks into automated victories.

Presenter: Luca Berton

Migrating from AWX/Ansible Tower to Ansible Controller using Config as Code approach

Upgrade AWX/Tower/Controller, and its community projects associated with it smarter! Ivan & Silvio from Red Hat introduce agile migration using a community project. Learn efficient configuration management & GitOps adoption.

Presenters: Silvio Perez Torres, Ivan Aragones Muniesa, and Adonis García Castro

3 Likes

Such a cool lineup, I’m excited!

BTW @cybette I edited to add my forum handle, I can look and see who else has signed up too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’ll be great, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for organizing this event !

I don’t know if it was asked before, but is there any plan to stream presentations for those who can’t physically be there :cry: ?

Also, will talks be recorded ?

Thanks !

2 Likes

Good quesetion! The talks will certainly be recorded, and streaming is likely as well (still discussing the details of the setup). Will update this topic with streaming link if it’s available!

2 Likes

@ptn if everything goes fine, you will find the stream available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0GZRaDv6uI&ab_channel=AnsibleCommunity

(also updated the first post with the link. If there’s any changes, please refer to the first post in this topic.)

3 Likes

It looks like everything is going fine and the stream is live and audio great!

3 Likes

I casually followed stream all day long; it was a wonderful event with really good talks.
Thanks for setting this up, and to everyone who participated !

4 Likes

Thanks Carol for organising this.

Amazing sessions and well organised !

1 Like

It was a great day and hopefully some ppl show up at the next ansible berlin meetup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was! I’ll definitely be posting a trip report next week, I encourage others to do so if they wish!

3 Likes

Well organized, thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you all for joining - both in person and online! :heart:

4 Likes

Somewhat delayed (sorry!) but I’ve now given out the Attendee Badges and the Speaker Badges for this event, based on what I could match up from our Eventbrite logs.

If you think you should have this badge, please add your Eventbrite email as a secondary address to your forum account and then let me know, and I’ll re-run the script :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Added mine as a secondary

1 Like