See Add b32encode and b32decode by agowa · Pull Request #87627 · ansible/ansible · GitHub but apparently we’re doing discussions here now instead of in the PR…
This is the best place to have asynchronous discussions related to ansible, and we’ve redirected discussions to places other than Github for a very long time (forever?).
It’s clear I’ve upset you, and I just want to say sorry, since that’s not my intention. Everyone always wants to see their particular use case added to ansible-core. ansible-core very rarely adds new plugins these days (for years now, since 2.9), so there must be very good justification to do so. Fortunately, this is the issue collections solve; anyone can extend ansible-core with plugins of their choice. If you need some assistance doing this, I’m happy to help.
Everyone always wants to see their particular use case added
That’s not it. Addressing the ironical “2.” reason for adding that feature with googles AI summary in a custom response and then following up with a c’n’p closing response was what got to me. That in combination just felt like not even wanting to engage in good faith and an “f* off” response…
Tbh originally I didn’t even care about it landing in core or not. I just thought that would be the most logical place to add it as base64 is also there and it’s literally just 6 lines of code for which 4 are basically the function definition…
I didn’t want to put it into a collection for that reason as I think base32 should be at the same place where base64 is. Does base64 need to be in core following your argument? Probably not. But that’s where it is…
So back to topic, if not into core where b64encode and b64decode are, where should it go?
community.general? community.crypto?
Was looking where checksums are, but that is also in ansible.builtin, so…