Continuing the discussion from Ansible-Montreal Meetup @ OVH [2023-11-08]:
This is going to happen more & more as the forum gains traction, so we need a plan. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- The bot stores metadata (the meetup event ID) in a hidden API field, so it knows which topics to update next time it runs.
- The bot is a moderator, so it can edit other people’s posts when data on the Meetup side changes.
- Wait for the meetupbot to post your meetup
- It runs on Monday and Thursday, in the morning. If your event doesn’t show up after that, contact us and we can add your meetup to the tracking
- Once the event exists, use the Flag action to request a moderator to transfer post ownership to you
- How do we verify that we should give ownership of the event to someone?
- You can now edit the event / topic as needed (but the bot will probably revert your changes )
How does that sound? I can transfer the auto-posted Montreal meetup to you right away as a test, and perhaps merge your English version as the second post?