AWX Team - Welcome!

I’ve written this specifically to welcome our AWX team (and I love that a forum invite can land on a specific topic :+1:) - so welcome indeed! :tada:

Right now, the forum is private while we do final testing, so you won’t be able to invite new people yet. We’re aware that a forum is of limited use without it being available to the whole community, so this phase won’t last long.

We’ve talked before about how to structure the forum, and I hope what you’ll find is what you expect. In particular, the Project Discussions category has a few seed discussions to demonstrate some of the capabilities of the forum, and you have the awx tag for topics related to your work. You’ll probably want to set up your notifications to include that tag - see this topic for more detail). You might also want to look at forum-tips for other useful info.

The Sandbox category (right here) has pretty much all the plugins enabled - events, topic voting, solved issues, etc - so please try things out, and we’ll clean it up before we go live. You’ll also get the standard Discourse walkthrough from @discobot too, it’s worth trying out. I’ve set you all to Trust Level 2 (see this post for an explanation of trust levels).

The AWX Group has also been created which be tagged using @ (like this @awx). The group is configured so that the rest of the forum can see it and @-mention it, but not send private messages to it (only members and staff can do that). The intention is to encourage users to mention the group rather than individuals, so that we don’t burnout specific people. I can also arrange for tagged messages to be pushed to a Matrix room, so if you want notifications of AWX posts, let me know.

Any questions, please post in Forum Guide & Feedback or Sandbox (I should notice, but you can tag me for extra effect), or PM me directly if you wish. I’ll be quite responsive for the next few weeks, I think :wink:

Hello Ansible forum!

6 Likes