[Vote ended on 2024-02-17] Deprecation/Removal of purestorage.fusion from the community Ansible package

Purestorage has no plans for new purestorage.fusion releases going forward. They want to deprecate the collection and add it to the removal list for the community Ansible package. Is there anything they need to do on their end to make that happen beyond deprecating the collection in Galaxy?

2 Likes

I think they should also update the purestorage.fusion repository. That is, updating the README saying that this collection is deprecated and maybe even archive the repo.

I guess then the steering committee will will start a discussion on when to remove the collection and start a vote on this (maybe here in this thread).

I’ll ping some people about this. Maybe I’m wrong or forgot something.

3 Likes

I’ve created an issue in their repo about this.

Since the repository is already archived I think we should remove it as soon as possible, i.e. from Ansible 10.

1 Like

The collection is now officially deprecated and they’ve released v1.6.1 to announce this. The repository has also been archived. Let’s vote on removing the collection from the community package. The vote will end 2024-02-17.

Steering Committee vote
  • Remove from Ansible 10 (I’ll count those votes on removing the collection from Ansible 11 if we don’t have a clear outcome)
  • Remove from Ansible 11
  • Keep the collection
0 voters
Community vote
  • Remove from Ansible 10 (I’ll count those votes on removing the collection from Ansible 11 if we don’t have a clear outcome)
  • Remove from Ansible 11
  • Keep the collection
0 voters

Dear @SteeringCommittee please note that the above vote closes in a few days and only got 5 SC votes so far.

The vote ended today. 7 steering committee and 2 1 community members voted in favor of removing purestorage.fusion from Ansible 10, one SC and no community member voted to remove the collection from Ansible 11. No one voted to keep it.

We’ve reached the quorum and the majority wants to remove purestorage.fusion from Ansible 10. I will prepare a PR and a Bullhorn announcement later today.

@allhart Thanks for pinging us about this and letting us now about the deprecation!

Please note that the one community vote was done by a SC member who also put in a SC vote, so effectively there’s only one community vote :slight_smile: Not that it makes a difference for the result, but I think it’s important to mention this.

Thanks @felixfontein! I didn’t see this.

You’re right, this doesn’t make a difference to the result. However, I’ve updated my post accordingly.

2 Likes