[Vote ended on 2024-01-31] Unmaintained collection: inspur.sm

The inspur.sm collection looks unmaintained / abandoned, it has:

2 Likes

For the record: Unmaintained collection: Removal from Ansible (community) package

1 Like

I’d like to vote on removing this collection from Ansible 11 since it looks unmaintained. The vote will end 2024-01-31.

Steering Committee vote
  • Remove it from Ansible 11
  • Keep it in Ansible 11
0 voters
Community vote
  • Remove it from Ansible 11
  • Keep it in Ansible 11
0 voters

Looks like they migrated it, from the Github README:

This repo contains the inspur.sm Ansible Collection. Inspur server supports ansible management device,Basic management of the server based on restful interface. Collections functionality will migrate to the inspur.ispim collection, head over to the new collection.

Considering that this apparently happened at least 2 years ago, and they didn’t bother to tell us, I think we should really remove this collection.

Thanks, I haven’t seen this!

Yes, it looks like they’ve migrated the functionality to a new collection. So this one really seems abandoned. The new one (inspur.ispim) already seems to be part of ansible.

It looks like they didn’t tell us we can remove inspur.sm in the inclusion request for inspur.ispim :-/

Since there are still not enough votes to get a decision, I’ll extend the vote until 2024-01-31.

@SteeringCommittee please vote! Or consider leaving the SC. This “quorum begging” is getting a little bit annoying…

2 Likes

The vote ended today. 8 steering committee voted in favor of removing inspur.sm from Ansible 11, which means we’ve reached the quorum and the vote is accepted.

There were also 2 votes from the community in favor of this, and none (neither from the steering committee nor from the community) against it.